Google’s one more tremendous update in technology as MapGL 3D image view, this technology brings 3D graphics to your browser. Google Maps are of great help to everyone in searching location, distance between different locations, directions to reach exact location, photos of location taken by satellite and to see the weather forecast also. Previously we were able to view location in three different modes by using Google Earth – Maps, Satellite, Terrain. It is very exciting to search home, streets and many more between millions of small houses, streets shown by the maps.
Google Map provides options like zoom the specified location, navigation arrows for moving right, left, top, down. Search the best shortcut way to reach the defined location, also see images of the location , but the images were blurred and not of high definition. But now you enjoy Map Graphic Library that is MapGL 3D image view which uses the technology WebGL. Now there is no need to install any additional software plugin to see the images/photos to your browser.
MapGL 3D image view technology have various features like:
1. No need to install any additional software plugin to your system browser.
2. Provide endless transitions between different location/images.
3. Smooth movement between minimum and maximum zoom level.
4. 3D View of location/streets/directions.
5. 45 degree rotation facility to get 4 Views of the world.
6. Faster swapping from map view to street view.
7. Vector maps for using Google maps on android and on other enhanced technologies.
8. Take the dummy man from the google map, to view the streets clearer and faster without any downloading.
MapGL 3D image view requires your computer to have some minimum configuration/System requirements:
2. Operating System can be Linux, Windows Vista, Windows 7 , Mac (Snow leopard 10.6+, Lion 10.7+).
3. Video card hardware – low integrated Graphical Processing Unit’s are not compatible like GMA 3100, in machines running Windows drivers must be installed after January 1,2009.Graphic Cards Requirement for MapGL 3D image view on different Operating System:
1. All operating systems
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200
Intel GMA 945
ATI Radeon HD2400
ATI Radeon 2600 series
ATI Radeon X1900
GeForce 7300 GT
Intel: Mesa drivers earlier than 7.9
Steps to view MapGL 3D Image view:
1. Type maps.google.com or simply www.google.com in the address bar.
2. Select maps menu from the Google menu bar.
3. Input the name of city or country you want to build 3d View and press an enter button or click on search button.
4. In left panel bottom you get an option Experience MapGL, Click on it.
5. You have seen the list of various features of MapGL 3D Image view Technology.
6. At the bottom of list you will found the Try it now button, Click on it.
7. As you click on it will start to show you the 3D perspective
8. In case your computer can not fulfill the system requirement, then it shows a message and button for navigating to classic view.
I am sure you all want to experience this world of MapGL 3D image view, so just configure your computer up to the requirement and enjoy the WebGL based technology.