Holi, “The Festival of colour” is three four days away. On this festival, not only our body but our mind is also full of different colours. Holi festival always spreads the message of unity, as we cannot make difference in people mingled in colours. Our ancestors played holi in a very safe and healthy manner with colours made by flowers leaves but now things have totally changed. New generation loves to play with ‘Pakka Colours’ instead of ‘Gulaal’. They only follow what they have observed since childhood that smear colour on face and body. While doing this sometime it becomes very dangerous if not taken any precautions. In market you get colours mixed with some chemicals those are very harmful for your skin, eyes and body. Some people also throw balloons filled with coloured water on other people which is also not at all a good idea. Festivals are meant to celebrate your happiness with joy and colours with your beloved, but always keep in mind that safety is the foremost thing. Like Diwali safety tips, you have to follow some Holi Safety Tips to ensure joyous and colourful holi. The NDTV team has gathered some good photos on safety tips for holi festival.
Few Holi Safety Tips and Measures For Joyous and Colourful Holi:
1. Always use herbal colours, made by flower leaves and it is even better if you use branded colours.
2. Always wear ragged clothes such as denims are recommended and dispose them just after the celebrations.
3. Try to wear Full clothes, so harmful chemicals mixed in holi colours not reached sensitive body parts.
4. Apply coconut oil on whole body even on hairs also before start playing with colours.
5. Keep your lips and eyes tightly closed while someone smeared colour on your face. You can also use sunglasses to protect eyes from colours.
6. Apply thick coating of nail paint on your nails to protect them from colours.
7. Never throw balloons filled with coloured water on anyone, as it may cause some internal injury.
8. To protect teeth from colour stains you can use dental cap.
9. Cover you head with hats, caps and shower cap to save hairs from harmful colours.
10. Never rub your face; if you do this you get rashes and burn sensations. So try to use cleansing cream or home product like Gram Flour (Besan).
Important Precautions and Holi Safety Tips :
11. Try to avoid the usage of Grease colours and play with red and pink colours as they are easy to remove.
12. Try to be at home during the peak hour of celebrations as home is the safest place.
13. Always keep the car windows shut while driving.
14. Avoid dancing and walking on wet floor as you may slip and cause an accident.
15. Its better to avoid playing colours if you are allergic or if you really want to enjoy, at least consult a dermatologist.
Necessary Precaution, Measures and Best Holi Safety Tips :
16. Use footpath and always prefer sidewalks on roads especially on the festival of colours that is Holi.
17. Never drive a vehicle when you are high on alcohol.
18. If someone misbehaves with you or tries to put colour on you without your permission you can report it to the police.
19. As we know and you might have heard ‘Excess of Anything and Everything is Bad’, so avoid drinking too much liquor or bhaang.
20. Avoid any chemical additions to playing colours.
Precautionary measures with holi safety tips for a sound holi :
21. Always be prepared with a first aid box containing basic skin healing ointments and anti-allergic medicines for those who are allergic to colours and gulaal.
22. It is good to avoid displaying fire crackers on holi as it pollutes the environment thereby leading to different atmospheric catastrophes such as global warming.
23. It is humbly requested for folks who play dulaandi is to avoid dust, cow dung, mud and sewage materials. Rather use gulaal and traditional holi colours.
24. Never throw anyone in water tanks or sewage gutters as it might lead to severe injuries.
25. Play Safe and sound holi by not being rude to anyone and avoiding any fights.
Ultimate holi safety tips for all :
I have full confidence that everyone is going to like these holi safety tips that we have organised as a list and if you have any more suggestions or tips, just drop us a comment. Help us spread the holi safety tips and important measures this holi in 2019 by sharing it on social media.