- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows Media Player (WMP)
- Steps to Create an Attractive Twitter Profile
- Steps To Hide and Un-hide Drives of your Computer
- Basic Technical Terms used in Smart Phones – Feature Description and Reviews
- Strong Determination and Hardwork Enlightens your way to Success – Govind Jaiswal (IAS Topper)
Windows Media Player is the default media player installed in your computer with Windows Operating System. There are many versions of windows media player like WMP 7, WMP 10, WMP 11 and latest version is Windows Media Player 12 and there are many plugins also to increase its functionality but some add-ons are version specific. Looking for the method to check the version of currently installed windows media player in your computer as may be you updated many times for media player. This is the same problem I had faced when I tried to install Wmpkeys plugin but not able to find the version of Windows Media Player as whenever I opened it; it always show windows media player with no number that indicates the version of it. But soon I will find a way and I will share it in today’s post.
Ways to Check Version of Windows Media Player :
1. Open Windows Media Player icon by Clicking on its icon.
2. Click Help option in the top menu bar.
3. Under Help Option select and click “About Windows Media Player”.
4. As you click About Windows Media Player window will open and display the current version of Windows Media Player.
5. In case when top menu bar is not visible or not able to find Help Option in top menu bar, then you click Alt + H to open About Windows Media Player window to know the version.
You can also refer to Microsoft Support